Elder law attorney Andrew Byers advises older people and their families on Medicaid planning, veteran’s Aid and Attendance qualification, and estate planning in Auburn Hills, Michigan and throughout Oakland County, Michigan.
My goal is to help my clients maintain their dignity and independence in the event of incapacity, protect their assets from taxes, legal proceedings, and long-term care costs, and preserve a legacy for their family.
I help seniors who are living in or are about to move to a nursing home or assisted living facility:
- qualify for Medicaid to help pay for long-term care in a nursing home.
- qualify for the veteran’s Aid and Attendance pension to help pay for care at home, in assisted living, or a nursing home.
I help people who are planning ahead with:
- the unique Estate Planning needs for people who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, who have suffered a stroke, or have another chronic long-term condition that may lead for the need for care in a nursing home or assisted living facility.
- Estate and Longevity Planning for those who want to distribute their estate and settle their affairs quickly in the future, but also protect their assets and provide for their own or a spouse’s incapacity or need for long-term care due to long life.
Finally, if you have been appointed to handle the affairs of an older family member, or you're currently looking for online divorce forms, the law considers you a fiduciary and there are certain legal requirements that must be met. I provide representation and legal counsel to individuals who have been appointed as:
- personal representative of a Probate estate
- successor trustee of a revocable living trust
to help them comply with their fiduciary responsibilities under the law and to ensure the smooth administration of an estate.
Contact our Auburn Hills, MI Elder Law and Estate Planning Law Firm with your questions comments or concerns. We offer a free, no obligation, consultation.
Lawyer Andrew Byers | Lawyer Elder Law