Andrew Byers assists trial attorneys in resolving their clients’ cases in a manner that avoids the loss of government benefits for the injured person and that provides for management of assets for the incapacitated. These services include assistance with:
- The court process to establish and fund trusts
- Drafting of special needs trusts
- Guardianships and Conservatorship
- Obtaining Protective Orders in Probate Court
- Petitions for Support of Dependents in Probate Court
- Estate Planning, including Wills, Trusts, General Durable Powers of Attorney, and Medical Durable Powers of Attorney
- Establishing a decedent’s estate in probate court in order to pursue litigation
- Acting as legal counsel for individuals appointed as fiduciaries for the injured person, i.e., Guardians, Conservators, and Trustees. Often these individuals are family members of the injured party and have no experience in acting as a fiduciary for another person and complying with Michigan’s legal requirements for a fiduciary.
My goal is to work with trial attorneys and their clients to help make the injured person’s settlement last as long as possible.
Elder Law attorney Andrew Byers assists clients with Medicaid Planning, Veteran’s Aid and Attendance planning, Estate Planning, and Probate & Trust Settlements in Auburn Hills, MI and throughout Oakland County, MI including Rochester Hills, Rochester, Troy, Bloomfield Township, Lake Orion, Oxford, Waterford, Clarkston, Independence Township, and Pontiac, as well as throughout the metropolitan Detroit area, including Macomb County and Wayne County, Michigan.